• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • olegin
    Newbiemmer
    • Jul 2017
    • Helsinki

Originally posted by Harri G View Post
    I am afraid there is no such search engine for insurances. Car insurance price depends on such many things such as your age, postal code (urban or countryside), engine size, registration year etc. And because your bonus background from another EU country it gets even more complicated. Sorry to say but might be best to visit physically major insurance companies such as Pohjola, IF, Lähi-Tapiola, Fennia, Folksam.

Changing insurance company is a hell in Finland. Everything depends on everything. It is very time consuming to calculate it all out for comparison.

Whatever assistance you need, just ask. Folks at this site will help you in all cases
    Thanks for those companies, that will be a good start one day.

Of course insurance depends on many factors but we have several price comparison websites here in the UK which make getting insurance very easy and changing insurers to get a better quote yearly is common as it is easy to do it's not too much of a hassle.
    Websites like this save so much time it's unreal! You fill in your information once and it gives you quotes from all the insurers that have agreed to be searched on.

Comment

• olegin
      Newbiemmer
      • Jul 2017
      • Helsinki

Originally posted by Macke View Post
      Biggest factor in basic traffic insurance cost is how much the particular car has been crashed here in Finland. This is at least how it used to be, and thanks to this fact the insurance on my 5.0 GT Mustang was way cheaper than on a 900 Saab. This might have changed over the years, but I doubt it as the traffic insurance on my old 1.9TD T4 Transporter is really high compared to the other cars in our family.

One thing to consider is unholy alliances of insurance companies + banks. You get better deals if you've got your banking and insurances from the same company. For example OP (osuuspankki) and Pohjola are in bed and I believe LähiTapiola + S-Pankki got the same kind of juju going on.

Changing the insurance company is easy peasy, comparing the prices might not be
      That is very surprising about the 5.0 GT!

Comment

• jani
        BTCF Member
        • Jul 2002
        • Kuopio

Originally posted by Macke View Post
        Changing the insurance company is easy peasy, comparing the prices might not be
        Comparison of traffic insurance is easy because everyone replaces the same, the price is only different different. Voluntary casualty insurance is a different matter.

And do not look at the rebates but the final price.
        F33 435d Mineral-grau metallic
        K40 K1200s sondermodell

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎