Originally posted by fraatti
View Post
"I don't believe it was capped before - someone who isn't having the misting would have to confirm. I'm thinking the valve is a one way check valve and the check piece failed allowing oil to go out the wrong way - assumption is since it is for creating vacuum is that it was drawing air in.
The other side of the vacuum pump goes to brake assist. I have d/c'd that line a few times - most recently when I replaced the valve cover and that line was completely dry - no oil. I again am making an assumption that the two sides of the vacuum pump are separate - so what happens on what used to be the assist for the wastegate side is separate from the brake side.
It is very easy to pop off and check the brake line for oil residue and if I am wrong with any of my assumptions hopefully someone will chime in and set us straight."
Leave a comment: